Team EPIC Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The majority of the LBP community..

2 posters

Go down

The majority of the LBP community.. Empty The majority of the LBP community..

Post by NivekKom Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:03 am

I know this is not new, but playing levels(on busiest) reading comments on mediocre levels, has got me to conclude ratings cannot be saved unless Mm create some innovative function to make sure people rate properly.

Playing that Avatar level on busiest, it turned out avarage with little gameplay and ugly visuals. However that's not what it seems in the comments, yes they were the correct type of comments you would expect on a level of that quality - comments that it wasn't good and needed more work in it.

This is the bad part, the majority of the comments were "5 stars and hearted ^^" or "That was amazing" when it wasn't. In the description it said the level overheated but the level had little stickers and it was an overall short level. People are using the "overheated" excuse for people to forgive the shortness.

Friends are asking each other to rate high on their levels and ask for hearts(my experience, I didn't agree to it). This is bad to the point where level quality cannot be judged from ratings/plays/hearts anymore, you've got to find good levels which is mostly difficult. A "real water"/"hangout" level gets the same verdict as work from jump_button who obviously puts in the effort to make a good level while the others make a "real water" level and get the same results. If you want the create trophy it's either put in effort to make a good level or make a bomb survival/real water/hangout level, and the second is the most attractive. This may seem weird as most of my levels were made with little effort and mostly random but I've never had enough time to actually finish a lengthy level.

Sorry for my rant but I don't like seeing my favourite game not functioning the way the developers intended.
NivekKom
NivekKom
Master of the Popit

Mic/Keyboard : Mic and Keyboard
Class : Visualist
PSN : NivekKom
Team Number : 7
Kudos! : 1

Back to top Go down

The majority of the LBP community.. Empty Re: The majority of the LBP community..

Post by grayspence Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:53 am

Can we at least keep these forums rant-free please? You can post your opinions, but starting to complain about the same thing that has been complained about since the games release is really meaningless. Sorry, but this thread is now locked.
grayspence
grayspence
Modzor

Mic/Keyboard : Mic and Keyboard
Class : Visualist
PSN : grayspence
Team Number : 6
Kudos! : 1

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum