Team EPIC Official Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team EPIC FAQ

3 posters

Go down

Team EPIC FAQ Empty Team EPIC FAQ

Post by Heckboy88 Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:19 am

Before posting a help thread, make sure what you want to know isn't in the FAQ already.

Suggestions for the FAQ are always appreciated! (mods and admins, no editing in things please, just suggest Team EPIC FAQ Icon_razz)

How am I placed in a group?
The commanders of Team EPIC will randomly assign you into a group of four, one from each catagory. The leaders do NOT assign groups, the commanders do.

What do I do when I get in my group?
The group leader (whoever is in the Leadership catagory) is mainly in charge of getting you together to discuss what you'lll be doing and when you'll be doing it. Start building your level together whenever you want!

How do we pick what our level will be?
You'll all have to work together to decide on that. Choose something you all agree on! It can be anything.

Who gets to put the level on their moon and publish it?
The level should probably go on the person who will be most active's moon. They should publish it locked and copyable and send all their group members a key so they can have it anytime they like. Who gets to publish it is up to you. If you can't decide, the Leader automaticlly gets to.

How can I be in a group to build a level for the Team Epic Story Mode?
One group will be randomly assigned to do this at a time. All members must agree on doing it.

Can I change groups after my group has been assigned?
Most likely not, unless you have a really good reason, not just 'I want to work with someone else'.

My group finished our level. Now what?
Your leader should report the levels' name and who made it. You will be assigned a new group soon enough!

I want to stay in Team EPIC, but I'm taking a break from creating. What do I do?
Tell me if you don't want to be assigned a new group for a while, and I'll change your name's color on the list to white. You can stay 'whited out' for as long as you wish, and come back any time you like. Any innactive members will be 'whited out' until they become active or resign.

Can I change catagories?
If you feel you'd do better in a different catagory, by all means, change. But not when you're in the middle of making a level!

I'm equal in multiple catagories. Which should I pick?
That's up to you. I WILL NOT CHOOSE FOR YOU. You can choose the one with the fewest members, roll a dice, be a Leader (since they create more freely)... whatever. It's up to you.

Where do I get the Team EPIC stickers?
In my level, located at the North Pole on the globe. The code to get in is 1351. DO NOT TELL ANYONE THE CODE. It is on Heckboy88's account and Team EPIC's account, Team-EPIC.

Someone in my group was being very mean/innapropriate. What do I do?
Tell me or a fellow commander immidatly. This person will be banned.

Can I be a Commander?
I don't like it when people ask this, LOL. We only really need one commander for every, say, 15-20 people. If I feel we need more, I'll ask someone who is responsible, active, kind, and understands this organization.

Someone in my group is NEVER on and hasn't replied to any of us. What do I do?
Tell me or a fellow commander. We can replace that member.

Someone in my group isn't agreeing with any of our ideas and does his/her own thing. What do I do?
Always try reasoning first. If he/she really won't agree with anything, tell me or a fellow commander.

Do we only create when all of our group members are online, or can we create it alone sometimes?
No. You should usually only create your level when at least two of your group members are online. You do not have to wait for all four of you ro be online. You shouldn't create your level alone very much, though. What if a visualist got on to see that the random crapper had worked for 8 hours on their level alone and now it's almost done? Only add to your level alone if you're just doing some little changes.

What are the main creation skills we want all leaders to know? -TSFRJ
Being a leader, you still have to have enough creation skills to be helpful to the group, of course. Definitly complete all the tutorials. You have to be the judge of this. Will you have enough skill, or will you drag the group down? Team EPIC is a learning experience meant to help you become a better creator, but you shouldn't join until you're good enough to help out!

What are the basic objects each group need to have on hand?
-TSFRJ

Since there are four of you, you'll probably have a nice array of bits and bobs. You should have the right materials to make your level work. Community objects are up to you.

What TE logic system/mechanizams should all mechanics have? -TSFRJ

Mechanics don't really need to have to many switches on hand, as long as they can make them. Peremenant switches, multi-input switches, etc. are nice to have, of course. I recomend to all mechanics to play the LogicTech levels, and collect some of their prizes. That will help you out.

Aside from the obvious, what stickers should all the visualist have?
-TSFRJ

Obvious being the basic colors and common story-stickers. Visualists don't particualry need stickers, as long as they can make them. To all visualists, I recommend playing a level on special effects by 'Moxy___o_O_'. I learned a ton from it, and got some beautiful stickers. It is hearted by the Team EPIC account.

Is there anything all RCers need to have on hand at all times for TE objects? -TSFRJ

Random stuff would be nice Team EPIC FAQ 16x16_smiley-wink But there is too much randomness to have it all! Make some useful things, like cars or enemies. Other than that, there is little way of knowing what you'll need for the level. Just be prepared to make a lot!

Someone in my group does not show up when I search their PSN. It says that it is invalid. Any help? -Fishrock123
Try searching other ways. For example, go into LBP's search engine and see if you can find them that way to get the proper spelling. If you can't, check with a Commander. We can try to find out how and when this person joined to get their proper PSN name.

Last edited by Fishrock123 on Mon Dec 21, 2009 9:31 am; edited 5 times in total (Reason for editing : added Fishrock's suggestion+sticky)
Heckboy88
Heckboy88
Ninja Lord

Mic/Keyboard : Keyboard only
Class : Leader
PSN : Heckboy88
Team Number : 4
Kudos! : 6

Back to top Go down

Team EPIC FAQ Empty Re: Team EPIC FAQ

Post by Fishrock123 Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:21 am

Did you never add my addition to the FAQ? Team EPIC FAQ 467231
Fishrock123
Fishrock123
Ninja Lord

Mic/Keyboard : Mic and Keyboard
PSN : Fishrock123
Team Number : 5
Kudos! : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by Heckboy88 Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:23 am

Fishrock123 wrote:Did you never add my addition to the FAQ? Team EPIC FAQ 467231

Sorry, what was it again? Bah, my mind is scrambled Neutral
Heckboy88
Heckboy88
Ninja Lord

Mic/Keyboard : Keyboard only
PSN : Heckboy88
Team Number : 4
Kudos! : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by Fishrock123 Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:25 am

Heckboy88 wrote:
Fishrock123 wrote:Did you never add my addition to the FAQ? Team EPIC FAQ 467231

Sorry, what was it again? Bah, my mind is scrambled Neutral

I'll fish it up again and post it..
Fishrock123
Fishrock123
Ninja Lord

Back to top Go down

Post by Fishrock123 Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:33 am

FAQ addition:

Q: Some one in my group has an invalid PSN name when I search them, what should I do? A: Seach "@(persons PSN name here)" into LBP's ingame search engine, and their proper spelling should appear on a level.If this fails, ask a Commander, they may be able to track down the actual spelling.
Fishrock123
Fishrock123
Ninja Lord

Back to top Go down

Post by jaslow Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:35 am

This should be stickied.